Frequently Asked Questions
Is there parking near the Hotel?
Yes, we offer secure complimentary car parking at the hotel with space for approximately 300 cars
How Much do I pay for parking?
Car parking is free at the hotel
What time is breakfast?
- Breakfast is served from 7am -10am Monday to Friday
- Saturday, Sunday and Bank Holidays 8am-11am in Stir Restaurant
What time is Check-in and Check-out?
- Check in time: 2pm Sunday - Thursday, 3pm Friday, Saturday and Bank Holidays
- Check out time: 12 noon
- Late departures are available until 4pm (upon request)
How do I get to your hotel?
Travellling By Air
- From Dublin Airport to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise
1 hour 15 Minutes: 101.85 km
- From Shannon Airport to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
1 hour 34 Minutes: 139.34km
- From Knock International Airport to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
2 hours 34 minutes: 179.08km
- From Cork Airport to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
1 hour 53 Minutes: 175.86km
- From Kerry Airport to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
2 Hours 28 minutes: 202.89 km
- From Derry Airport to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
4 Hours 32 Minutes: 336.12 KM
Travelling By Ferry
- From Dublin Port to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
1 hour 23 minutes: 106.68 km
- From Rosslare Port to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
1 hour 57 minutes: 130.65 km
- From Belfast Port to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
3 hours 20 minutes: 262.59km
- From Cork Port to Maldron Hotel Portlaoise, Co Laois
1 hour 45 minutes: 166.69km
For information on route look at AA Ireland
Do you accommodate rooms for 2 adults and 3 children?
Yes, we offer family rooms in the hotel which have 1 double and 2 single beds. We can also include a sofa bed in the room and a cot on request.
Do I need a credit card to make a booking?
To make a booking, a valid credit or laser card is required to guarantee your reservation.
Will my credit/debit card be charged on booking?
Bookings require a credit card for guarantee only unless in cases where this is otherwise stated. For some special offers and specific dates, full payment is required at time of booking but these terms will be outlined in the special offer terms & conditions.
You will be required to authorise your credit card upon check-in but this is for security purposes only and you can choose your preferred payment option on departure. Please note pre authorisation cannot be done on debit cards and payment will be required on check in if a credit card is not available.
Can I cancel my booking?
Maldron Hotel Portlaoise offers free cancellation up to 2pm on the day of arrival. Some special offers and key dates outlined in the terms and conditions may specify a special cancellation policy applicable to that offer/date. These terms will be outlined in the terms & conditions.
How late can I check into the Hotel?
Guest must check in before 11pm. Please phone ahead if you will be arriving to the hotel later than this.
Is there somewhere I can leave my bag if arrive early, or need to collect it after I check out? Bag can be left at reception.
Does the hotel have Wi-Fi?
Yes throughout the hotel.
Are there smoking rooms in the hotel?
Second floor of the hotel.
What age are children for the purpose of hotel packages?
Up to 12 years
Does the hotel offer family facilities?
Games room for kids, kids’ pool and family bedrooms.
Can I get a cot/camp bed for my child?
Yes. Please note this at the time of reservation.
Are there babysitting services available?
Yes- please ask when making your reservation.
What are the opening hours of the leisure facilities?
- Mon-Fri 7am-10pm-
- Weekend and Bank Holidays 8am-8pm
- Children until 6.45pm
Is there a laundry service available?
Do you supply travel adapters?
Are there hairdryers in the bedrooms?
Yes they are in all of our bedrooms.
Is there entertainment at the weekends?
Yes on request
Are pets allowed at the hotel?
How far am I from the main shopping areas?
How far am I from Portlaoise town centre?
What are the public transport links to Portlaoise town centre?
If you have any further enquires please contact reservations on (057) 8695900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org